In Astah with a default setting, when you create a project by [File] – [New], this default file opens with a [Java] package with all the models under. You can customize this file by adding models that you frequently use or removing that you never use. You can make this default file the most effective one that you start with on your own.
For example, if you want to use Perls Data types in Class diagrams such as scalar, array, hash..etc, you can add these Data Types into the project you start with.
(1) Create a new file with all the models you want in a file that opens from [File] – [New].
I’ve made a model like this with Perl Data Types this time.
(2) Save this file (i.e. “perl_template.asta”) in Userhome/.astah/professional/template/project
(3) Launch Astah and go to [Tool] – [System Properties] – [Project] and change the followings:
– Create New Project with : User Template
– Template File name : Enter file name (i.e. “perl_template.asta”)
(4) Now this customize file opens when you create a new file