Hi, I’m Sane, domestic sales staff at Astah.
Today I will introduce “How to customize the shortcut keys for Astah”.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Astah
I’m sure some of Astah users want to use the same shortcut keys for Astah and other tools you are already using. So here’s how to do so:
◇How to Customize the shortcut keys
1) Close Astah if you have it running
2) You can find the “astah-key.properties_org” in the Astah installation folder
3)Copy this file and save it in the Userhome\.astah\professional (community, sysml or gsn)
4)Rename this file to “astah-key.properties”
5)Open this file, remove “#” from the line of Shortcut key you want to change and set the key value (xxx.key)
6)Save the file and then restart Astah
You can not only customize the default shortcut keys but also set new keys for some operations by yourself.
If you want set a shortcut key for “move the diagram to the back” operation, open astah-key.properties with text editor, and add a line below.
managementview.menu.edit.arrange_depth.back.key=meta shift 9
- Do not make duplicated keys
- By default, some different operations share the same Shortcut key(xxx.key), if you decide to change one of them, make sure to change them all
- If you re-install Astah (by getting a newer version, etc), adjust the difference between the new “astah-key.properties_org” and your customized “astah-key.properties” file